CREATE A LEAN AND PRACTICAL ACTION PLAN
You can do your plan for the next 12 months.
I will guide you step-by-step to complete a practical action plan for the coming year. Use our “Success in Action” plan workbook, our Action Plan and Key Challenges templates.
This Plan Workshop Is For owners of going businesses—from a few people up to 100+ employees. Many owners bring their co-owners or key managers.
And it is also for . . .
• Independent units of larger corporations
• Start-ups that are already up and running
• Entrepreneurial non-profit organizations
Do you need a workshop to get your plan done? Many of us do, including me. Here are the benefits:
#1. You get it done!
#2. You get energized and inspired by the other participating business owners.
#3. I walk you through it step-by-step and help you when you get stuck.
#4. You have the opportunity to present your plan to other participants and get their feedback.
The next workshop sessions will be held in San Rafael January, 2022.
Exact dates and times to be announced.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
Much more than revenue goals and marketing strategies
• How to tackle the dilemmas, uncertainties, and choice points you face in your business
• One-on-one problem solving on your biggest opportunity or challenge
1. THE BASICS OF ANY BUSINESS PLAN
Your numbers: revenue targets, profits, your paycheck
Marketing and sales needed to achieve these goals
Operations, administration, finances, and your people, work place, and equipment
2. A FOCUS ON KEY BUSINESS ISSUES
Vision–Balance your vision and aspirations with business realities
Growth–Create a game plan for growth
Profitability, Ease of operation, Satisfaction–How to shape your business to maximize these
Strategic opportunities–How you will create them, and take advantage of them
Tough challenges–How to deal with big transitions, sticking points, dilemmas
Balance business with the rest of your life.
• Prep questionnaire to help you prepare is sent when you sign up.
• Our workbook, Business Owners Success Plan, covers every facet of your business
• Action Plan and Key Challenge templates keep you on target all year.
• Repeats: you are welcome to attend more than one of this year’s session at no extra charge.
• Follow up phone/email consultation with Mike Van Horn to make sure your plan is solid and complete.
SEQUENCE OF OUR PLAN PROCESS
• Review the past years’ performance to learn how to set more realistic goals for the coming year.
• Where are you headed? Vision and long-term objectives
• What do you want from your business? Financial and non-financial
• What is your “sweet spot” of business success?
• What are your biggest opportunities?
• What is your exit strategy?
• What gets in your way? Choice points, dilemmas, sticking points, uncertainties
• Balance between business and the rest of your life
• Parts of your business. Marketing and selling. Doing the work. Running your business. Your staff, managers, co-owners. Financial management.
• Set goals and action items. Action Plan template. 7 ways to make financial projections. How to craft good goals.
• Your Key Challenge plan. How to tackle the thing most likely to get in the way of your goals.
ALL THIS FOR ONLY $175
LED BY MIKE VAN HORN, President of The Business Group, and author of How to Grow Your Business without Driving Yourself Crazy. Mike has helped way over 1,000 business owners achieve their goals for growth and profitability, and has led this workshop for over 20 years.